With Python you can create Awesome games. The libraries like Pygame, Cocos2d, PyOpenGL, Panda3D make this possible. Work is being done in this field to improve Python performance.
Awesome game development libraries.
- Cocos2d - cocos2d is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive applications. It is based on pyglet.
- Panda3D - 3D game engine developed by Disney and maintained by Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center. Written in C++, completely wrapped in Python.
- Pygame - Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing games.
- Pyglet - Pyglet is a pure Python cross-platform application framework intended for game development.
- PyOgre - Python bindings for the Ogre 3D render engine, can be used for games, simulations, anything 3D.
- PyOpenGL - Python ctypes bindings for OpenGL and it's related APIs.
- PySDL2 - A ctypes based wrapper for the SDL2 library.
- PySFML - Python bindings for SFML
- RenPy - A Visual Novel engine.
The following people helped in creating the above content.