I have found a strange behavior in VIM when I attempt to use autocompletion on objects:
If I instantiate the objects on a module level, the VIM autocompletion will work on the instance I create:
If I try the same when in a function or class it is not longer working:
Does anyone know how to fix this, or is there no way to get omnicompletion working on instances in a non module-scope?
Even though it does not use Vim's omnicompletion plugin, by using rope, ropemode and ropevim it is possible to get autocompletion in methods:
Even though not really exactly what I wanted it works pretty well.
I got it working like this: I installed the ropevim distribution from here and added the following lines to my .vimrc file:
" Rope AutoComplete let ropevim_vim_completion = 1 let ropevim_extended_complete = 1 let g:ropevim_autoimport_modules = ["os.*","traceback","django.*", "xml.etree"] imap <c-space> <C-R>=RopeCodeAssistInsertMode()<CR>
Now pressing Ctrl+Space will bring up the rope completion menu.
I had to use the following line to get ctrl+space working
imap <Nul> <C-R>=RopeCodeAssistInsertMode()<CR>